Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sometimes you gotta get away.


Sweet, home Alabama.
Being somewhere for a year can really wear you down and sometimes, all you need is a little vacation - and I finally had one without using any of my vacation time.

Sunday, after church, I scrambled home to grab my bags and hit the road to go to Huntsville, AL to visit my amazing friend for her birthday and attend the Rock and Worship Roadshow.

First of all, let me be crystal clear: this visit was everything I needed right now. I had a chance to do a photoshoot with DP, heard some great music, and met some awesome people. It was just the right dose of escape to remind me that where I am now isn't where I'll always be.

Also, let me add that there is nothing more fun than going to a great worship. I mean, I heard Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, Rhett Walker Band, and a bunch of people I'd never heard of before and pretty much all of it was fantastic.

What wasn't so much fun? Driving back to Panama City Beach at 4:30 in the morning today. Whoo, pain in the butt, however I will say that I'm grateful for how things worked out because originally, I would have had to leave AL a 1 am.

Praise God that that didn't happen.

Anyway, here are some pics from the weekend - expect some stuff for my 365 soon. I started it on Monday...2 days strong y'all.

Big Spring Park in Hunstville, AL
DP and I
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover