Saturday, March 2, 2013

Falling into place

I've been in a really angsty on here lately and that's just uncomfortable for me to re-read if I'm going to be honest, haha. There have been several factors that have played into this, but if there's one thing I do know, after everything seems to be in ruins, things start to pick back up for a variety of reasons.

First, once things have sucked so epically, you're more motivated to do what's best for you - what you truly want and desire and as someone who has chosen to fight for her personal peace, I think it's just another step in the right direction.

I mean, look at this face - how happy am I?
Second, I've been blessed with the opportunity to do a bunch of stuff I want to do. Saw Melanie Fiona and Kendrick Lamar perform, had some awesome heart-to-hearts with my friends in Gainesville, and currently I have one of my close friends from school sleeping in my apartment while I work.

Speaking of that, I can't say enough how grateful I am to have J here with me right now. She's one of my more grounded friends, out in law school preparing to take over the world.

The other night we had a long discussion about friendship and life, how things have changed so much over the course of the 2 years that we've been separated and the best part about the whole thing was how natural it felt, like the 2 years weren't even there.

One of the things I'm eternally grateful for is friends that are worth fighting for. There aren't many that fall in that category, but those that do have a very special place in my heart - because I know they'd fight for me too. Sometimes we spend so much time giving our energy to people and things that don't deserve to have it and as I go through this spiritual reawakening I'm seeing a lot of things more clearly - crazy what a week of hard thinking can do to you.

I'm excited about the changes that are coming forth, spiritually, emotionally, mentally...the whole 9 yards and I feel like in the next few months I'll be able to make so many positive changes in my life, I'll look back at this and wonder what took me so long to commit to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover