Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Catch up!

Ahh, it's been over a week since I last posted. Life has been so intense this past week, a lot of work with everything that happened in Boston, a lot of change, a few revelations that have put me on track for some immense personal growth, a newly clean apartment (if you've ever been inside my apartment you need to come back - no seriously, it's that clean) and a lot of getting my life together - at least getting organized.

So what has the past week been in a nutshell?

Police car rides.
Perks of Being a Wallflower. (#Redbox52 coming on that soon)
Netflix - which means House of Cards.
Cooking.
Motorcycles.
Jazz/Cajun/Parrothead Festival.
Jurassic Park in 3D.
Brunch.
Prayer.

And what have I learned?

The best thing to do with a moment isn't to try and capture it, it's to grow in it, revel in it, embrace it, live it. Too often we get so caught up trying to get something on film for Instagram or Vine or Twitter or Facebook or Tumblr - or here - that we miss out. Obviously it's not just that, I mean, I don't think there's ever been a photo taken that truly captures the joy of a moment unless it's taken at the perfect moment and those moments can be so hard to catch.

That being said, I'm taking a challenge to stay off of Facebook and Twitter for at least a month. Twitter won't be so hard, Facebook is a major time waster and so addictive (I mean, I have to see so-and-so's wedding photos and this couple just had a baby and I love reliving college through my former resident's current adventures!) but sometimes you need to take a step back.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a major perception issue sometimes. I seem to forget that when I'm on a social network, more likely than not, it's because I'm bored…and don't you know, when you're bored at work and all you're seeing are pictures of someone's awesome honeymoon or their late spring break getaway, it's very easy to get disenchanted with whatever it is that you're doing.

So, in order to have a more perfect outlook, I'm catching up on my life by tuning out the chatter of everyone else's.

If I need to know what's going on in someone's life, the best thing to do is probably make a phone call anyway!

Happy Tuesday y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover