Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hump day happiness

Welcome to Wednesday! One of the best days of the week, if only because it reminds you that you're halfway through it, haha. I'm loving what I did last week on Wednesday, taking a breather, so let's get to it!

This week has been such an odd one with my schedule being all weird, but hey - I've got plenty to smile about and as my grandfather always says when I ask how he's doing: "I could complain, but what's the point of that?"

For now, here are the things bringing some major joy into my life right now.

1. If you follow me on Instagram, then you've seen this little beauty of mine! Yesterday I got my Crosley USB turntable and as excited as I was to get it, it also came with a twinge of disappointment since the needle was broken. Thankfully, Crosley has nice customer service and blahblahblah so I will be listening to that lovely record next week! Until then, I'll just bask in the wonderfulness of having the record player and a couple good things to look forward to next week.

2. This kinda ties in with the first one - I mean, duh - but Donna Summer was everything and a half. I'm so excited to finally be able to play this and after getting off the phone with my grandmother, I should be able to snag a few more awesome records for myself sooner than later.

3. Okay. This CD isn't new...but I recently got addicted to Two Door Cinema Club and Tourist History is honestly summer in audio form for me. I'm not even playing. I won't say how many times I've listened to this or how loud...but it would suffice to say that I'm sure my neighbors want to hit me. And I'm okay with that.

4. Look at that sunset. No seriously. Whenever my week is going sour, the best thing to do is just look at the sky because things like this blow my mind every time. The colors are just...I can't even tell you how happy I was to just snag this with my iPhone. I smile just looking at it.

5. Everyone has their favorite apps on the iPhone and personally, Solar is my favorite weather app because it's just so pretty. Really, it's all about aesthetics with this and just having it on my phone takes me to a calm place. Doesn't hurt that I got it for free either - normally it's paid! - so check it out if you're tired of the same ol' same weather apps.

6. On a limb I tried this Sambazon acai with blueberry and pomegranate. Umm, HELLO JOY. I need to grab more of this stuff so I can use it in my smoothies. I was sick the latter part of last week and I'm not saying this had anything to do with it, but I'm sure this combined with Mucinex and OJ certainly helped my cause since the workplace wasn't letting me have any extra days off!

So there you have it, my happy hump day! What's bringing smiles to your face this week? Share the joy! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover