Monday, August 27, 2012

Music Monday: Lianne La Havas


With Tropical Storm Isaac moving his way away from us, I suppose I can stop my preparations for a hurricane party. Sad day. Anyway, in order to bring some calm to the non-existent-around-these-parts storm, I had to bring light to one of my absolute loves that I must see live.

That's all I have to say on that topic.

It's been over a year since I fell in love with Lianne La Havas because of one video. I've always adored voices like hers, it's a raspy, lovely find. As anyone who knows me knows, I am a slave to acoustic guitars and beautiful voices, so she was bound to cause my heart to leap. Aside from her precious accent while speaking, she seems to be a sweet humble woman with a powerful voice that she has great control over not to mention that she looks absolutely stunning.

Her CD, Is Your Love Big Enough, came out earlier this summer and LORD knows I've needed it. Needed it, loved it, wrote to it, mused over anything and everything over it.

So, for your enjoyment as I prepare for my last week of beef, here's Lianne La Havas.

P.S. If you want more, please buy the album, BUT if you can't get it, I implore you to listen to this…and then rethink not buying it--GO BUY IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover