Thursday, January 10, 2013

Best Day Ever

I know the year is fresh, but 10 days in and it's already taking major dumps on 2012...let me explain.

1. Pollen* is on my car. Some people may view this as a terrible thing, but ma'ams and sirs....let me be crystal clear: spring is a'coming. YES LAWD.


There is nothing I miss more than wearing my shorts and a tee shirt, or better yet, dresses...without leggings, and feeling perfectly warm. Oh, sweet glorious spring time bring spring break craziness, bikini time, and plenty of other great things my way.

I. Am. Elated.

Last year this time? I was in New Jersey - nothing wrong with NJ, I love the state, but it was considerably colder...and you can't really compete with weather in the 70s if you're in New Jersey right now. That's just a fact.

*That is not my car...I would never let the pollen get that thick.

2. Justin Timberlake is back in the recording studio. I'm sorry, what was that sound? Oh, just my dreams coming true.

Don't judge me for my adoration of this dude. He was only my biggest crush OF ALL TIME. He's probably why I am the way I am, and by golly, I do love the way I am.

So, there's that.

Last year this time? I don't know what was going on with Timberlake nor do I remember what was going on with music, but what I do know is that I was probably silently weeping in some way because I needed his music back in my life. I was probably listening to Justified in my car.

3. January 30, 2013. I know this isn't for another 20 days, but today it really hit me that I am this close to reaching the one-year mark on my contract with my current company. So what does that mean?  

ASHLEY GETS VACATION TIME.

It's only 10 days, but I'm frantically going through my calendar planning. I've already crossed out all the dates for sweeps, the one time you will get every show on TV putting out new shows and when news stations do a ridiculous amount of stories that are longer than normal to try and pull viewers in, also known as the only time that I, as a reporter, cannot take time off.

That being said, I'm making tons of plans for this year and part of it will mean a lot of change for my life.

So where will these 10 days going to be spent? Probably LA at some point, definitely back at Bonnaroo, obviously spending some time with my family, and if all goes well, most of this travel will be happening before August.

Last year this time? I was also just finding out about tentatively getting my current job...I was absolutely elated but I was also coming to terms with the fact that I was uprooting my entire life and I had no idea where I was going to live or how I was going to pay for anything. It was definitely a bittersweet moment but now that I'm coming up on a year, it's definitely a big deal for me. I feel much more confident in who I am and what I'm doing now.

Let's just say, this year is going to be a big one for me. I've already decided, I have committed to that thought and I will NOT let anything stand in my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover