Friday, January 4, 2013

Troubleshooting

There are days when everything is going right, like - absolutely, freaking perfect...couldn't be better...and then boom. Something happens that just sets you off, and it could be the tiniest thing and suddenly your perfect day is the worst day ever.

We're just fickle like that.

Anyway, today has been really good.

  • I did something I hated (spin class) and came out victorious, didn't even have any pain in my rear until about an hour ago! Whoop, my body is learning. 
  • I finished one book yesterday (How to Be Single // Liz Tuccillo: don't judge me, I just happened to find it in a pile of books while moving some of my junk and decided to read it...it was...pleasant I suppose, but a quick read - SHEESH.)
  • I picked 3 new books to read: The Red Tent // Anita Diamant, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society // Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows, and Walking with the Wind: A Memoir of the Movement // John Lewis (super excited to read this one!!)
  • I got a Goodreads account - finally.
  • I got paaaaaaid...
  • ...which means I started my saving plan! (ie. taking out a set amount of cash to last me the next 2 weeks - hope it's enough - and then leave my debit card far, far away so I will value the little bit of money I have and save up.)
So all in all, it was a good day, nothing necessarily spectacular, but definitely a good enough day for me to come home with a smile on my face ready to relax at home.

But then I got home, and my Apple TV wasn't working for the second or third day in a row. It won't connect to my iTunes or to the internet so I'm practically distraught because I can't watch anything on TV because I got rid of cable in 2012.  For the record, I'm not complaining about that, that was definitely one of my better decisions of the year.

Anyway, that goes to show you, it's the little things that get you. 

I was ready to throw a fit after multiple things that I tried to do didn't fix the stupid little box that allows me to watch all the shows I miss because I got rid of cable to have a cheaper bill. So, in order to get my priorities in line I came here so I could look at all the things that made me happy today in list format...things that I could just stew on and think about because being upset with my AppleTV isn't going to fix it...I don't know what will, but what I DO know is that the time I just spent sucking my teeth and rolling my eyes and stomping my feet would have been much better used curled up in a book.

Or next to my computer watching whatever I can't watch on there right here on Hulu.

Small miracles, y'all.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover